New International Version
And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit.
King James Bible
And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.
Darby Bible Translation
And the disciples were filled with joy and [the] Holy Spirit.
World English Bible
The disciples were filled with joy with the Holy Spirit.
Young's Literal Translation
and the disciples were filled with joy and the Holy Spirit.
Acts 13:52 Parallel
CommentaryClarke's Commentary on the Bible
The disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Ghost - Though in the world they had tribulation, yet in Christ they had peace; and, while engaged in their Master's work, they always had their Master's wages. The happiness of a genuine Christian lies far beyond the reach of earthly disturbances, and is not affected by the changes and chances to which mortal things are exposed. The martyrs were more happy in the flames than their persecutors could be on their beds of down.
St. Paul's sermon at Antioch has been thus analyzed.
1. His prologue, Acts 13:16, addressed to those who fear God.
2. His narrative of God's goodness to Israel:
1. In their deliverance from Egypt.
2. In their support in the wilderness.
3. In his giving them the land of Canaan.
4. In the judges and kings which he had given for their governors, Acts 13:7-22.
3. His proposition, that Jesus was the Christ, the Savior of the world, Acts 13:23.
4. The illustration of this proposition, proving its truth:
1. From Christ's stock and family, Acts 13:23.
2. From the testimony of his forerunner, Acts 13:24.
5. He anticipates objections, relative to the unjust condemnation, death and burial of Christ, Acts 13:27-29.
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Text: Acts 13, 26-39. 26 Brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and those among you that fear God, to us is the word of this salvation sent forth. 27 For they that dwell in Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath, fulfilled them by condemning him. 28 And though they found no cause of death in him, yet asked they of Pilate that he should be slain. 29 And when they had fulfilled all things that were written of him, they …
Martin Luther—Epistle Sermons, Vol. II
'Full of the Holy Ghost'
Ninth Day for God's Spirit on Our Mission Work
Separated unto the Holy Ghost
All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
The disciples, as each one was able, decided to provide help for the brothers and sisters living in Judea.
1 Thessalonians 1:6
You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit.
Jump to PreviousContinually Disciples Filled Full Ghost Holy Joy Spirit
Jump to NextContinually Disciples Filled Full Ghost Holy Joy Spirit
LinksActs 13:52 NIV
Acts 13:52 NLT
Acts 13:52 ESV
Acts 13:52 NASB
Acts 13:52 KJV
Acts 13:52 Bible Apps
Acts 13:52 Biblia Paralela
Acts 13:52 Chinese Bible
Acts 13:52 French Bible
Acts 13:52 German Bible
Acts 13:52 Commentaries
THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica®.