New International Version
So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone.
King James Bible
So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
Darby Bible Translation
And I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a rustling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone.
World English Bible
So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold, an earthquake; and the bones came together, bone to its bone.
Young's Literal Translation
And I have prophesied as I have been commanded, and there is a noise, as I am prophesying, and lo, a rushing, and draw near do the bones, bone unto its bone.
Ezekiel 37:7 Parallel
CommentaryClarke's Commentary on the Bible
I will lay sinews upon you - Observe the progress:
1. Here are the bones.
2. The ligaments, called here sinews, are to be added in order to unite the bones, that the skeleton might be complete.
3. The flesh (the whole muscular system, the subjacent and superjacent muscles, including the arterial and venous system) clothes this skeleton.
4. The skin (the dermis and epidermis, or cutis and cuticle) envelopes the whole of these muscles or flesh; and now these bodies are in the state that the body of Adam was before it received the animal and intellectual principle from God.
5. There was no breath in them - they had not yet received their souls.
6. The wind, רוח ruach, the soul, came into them. They were endued with animal and intellectual life; and they arose and evidenced a complete restoration to life, and began to perform its functions, Ezekiel 37:10.
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
I prophesied as
LibraryThe Dry Bones and the Spirit of Life
1. The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones, 2. And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. 3. And He said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, Thou knowest. 4. Again He said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. 5. Thus …
Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture
The Shepherd of Our Souls.
How to Make Use of Christ as the Truth, that we May Get Our Case and Condition Cleared up to Us.
So I went and hid it at Perath, as the LORD told me.
So I did as I was commanded. During the day I brought out my things packed for exile. Then in the evening I dug through the wall with my hands. I took my belongings out at dusk, carrying them on my shoulders while they watched.
I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.
Jump to PreviousBone Bones Commanded Commotion Draw Earth Earthquake Noise Ordered Prophesied Prophesying Rattling Rushing Rustling Shaking Sound Together Word Words
Jump to NextBone Bones Commanded Commotion Draw Earth Earthquake Noise Ordered Prophesied Prophesying Rattling Rushing Rustling Shaking Sound Together Word Words
LinksEzekiel 37:7 NIV
Ezekiel 37:7 NLT
Ezekiel 37:7 ESV
Ezekiel 37:7 NASB
Ezekiel 37:7 KJV
Ezekiel 37:7 Bible Apps
Ezekiel 37:7 Biblia Paralela
Ezekiel 37:7 Chinese Bible
Ezekiel 37:7 French Bible
Ezekiel 37:7 German Bible
Ezekiel 37:7 Commentaries
THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica®.