New International Version
"These are the regulations for any diseased person at the time of their ceremonial cleansing, when they are brought to the priest:
King James Bible
This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest:
Darby Bible Translation
This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: he shall be brought unto the priest,
World English Bible
"This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing. He shall be brought to the priest,
Young's Literal Translation
'This is a law of the leper, in the day of his cleansing, that he hath been brought in unto the priest,
Leviticus 14:2 Parallel
CommentaryClarke's Commentary on the Bible
It shall be washed the second time - According to the Jews the first washing was to put away the plague, the second to cleanse it. Both among Jews and Gentiles the leprosy has been considered as a most expressive emblem of sin, the properties and circumstances of the one pointing out those of the other. The similitude or parallel has been usually run in the following manner: -
1. The leprosy began with a spot, a simple hidden infection being the cause.
2. This spot was very conspicuous, and argued the source whence it proceeded.
3. It was of a diffusive nature, soon spreading over the whole body.
4. It communicated its infectious nature, not only to the whole of the person's body, but also to his clothes and habitation.
5. It rendered the infected person loathsome, unfit for and dangerous to society because of its infectious nature.
6. The person infected was obliged to be separated from society, both religious and civil; to dwell by himself without the camp or city, and hold commerce with none.
7. He was obliged to proclaim his own uncleanness, publicly acknowledge his defilement, and, sensible of his plague, continue humbled and abased before God and man.
How expressive all these are of the nature of sin and the state of a sinner, a spiritual mind will at once perceive.
1. The original infection or corruption of nature is the grand hidden cause, source, and spring of all transgression.
2. Iniquity is a seed that has its growth, gradual increase, and perfection. As the various powers of the mind are developed, so it diffuses itself, infecting every passion and appetite through their whole extent and operation.
3. As it spreads in the mind, so it diffuses itself through the life; every action partaking of its influence, till the whole conduct becomes a tissue of transgression, because every imagination of the thoughts of a sinner's heart is only evil continually, Genesis 6. This is the natural state of man.
4. As a sinner is infected, so is he infectious; by his precept and example he spreads the infernal contagion wherever he goes; joining with the multitude to do evil, strengthening and being strengthened in the ways of sin and death, and becoming especially a snare and a curse to his own household.
5. That a sinner is abominable in the sight of God and of all good men, that he is unfit for the society of the righteous, and that he cannot, as such, be admitted into the kingdom of God, needs no proof.
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
in the day
LibraryNovember 27. "And the Remnant of the Oil . . . Shall Pour Upon the Head" (Lev. xiv. 18).
"And the remnant of the oil ... shall pour upon the head" (Lev. xiv. 18). In the account of the healing of the Hebrew leper there is a beautiful picture of the touching of his ears, hands and feet, with the redeeming blood and the consecrating oil, as a sign that his powers of understanding, service, and conduct were set apart to God, and divinely endued for the Master's work and will. But after all this, we are significantly told that "the rest of the oil" was to be poured upon his head. The former …
Rev. A. B. Simpson—Days of Heaven Upon Earth
Jesus Sets Out from Judæa for Galilee.
Then Jesus said to him, "See that you don't tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them."
"See that you don't tell this to anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them."
Then Jesus ordered him, "Don't tell anyone, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them."
When he saw them, he said, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And as they went, they were cleansed.
The LORD said to Moses,
Jump to PreviousCeremonial Clean Cleansing Diseased Leper Priest Regulations Time
Jump to NextCeremonial Clean Cleansing Diseased Leper Priest Regulations Time
LinksLeviticus 14:2 NIV
Leviticus 14:2 NLT
Leviticus 14:2 ESV
Leviticus 14:2 NASB
Leviticus 14:2 KJV
Leviticus 14:2 Bible Apps
Leviticus 14:2 Biblia Paralela
Leviticus 14:2 Chinese Bible
Leviticus 14:2 French Bible
Leviticus 14:2 German Bible
Leviticus 14:2 Commentaries
THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica®.