And it was told Laban on the third day that Jacob was fled.…
1. It is the property of wicked oppressors to boast of their strength, which is more than they have.
2. Wicked injurious men boast that they can do mischief against the righteous (Psalm 52:1).
3. The hand of the wicked is ready to oppress the innocent, if God hinder not.
4. Wicked oppressors complain that God hinders them in their cruel designs.
5. The ungodly will not learn to own God, though they find Him too mighty for them.
6. Fear of self-destruction keeps oppressors from destroying saints.
7. God worshipped in truth by His, is stronger than God falsified by the wicked.
8. God maketh the wicked enemy confess His sovereignty sometimes against their will (Deuteronomy 31; Deuteronomy 32:29).
(G. Hughes, B. D. .)
Parallel VersesKJV: And it was told Laban on the third day that Jacob was fled.