And it was told Laban on the third day that Jacob was fled.…
1. False accusers of the saints are willing to turn every stone, to make good their charge upon them (ver. 33).
2. God in His wisdom useth the sins of one creature to frustrate the sin of others (ver. 31).
3. Sin once committed putteth souls upon more sin to conceal it.
4. Hypocrisy and lying is the way that sinners use to cover stealing.
5. God may bear with the iniquity of some to clear the innocency of others.
6. Such as seek occasion against the saints, God so orders, that they find it not (ver. 35).
(G. Hughes, B. D. .)
Parallel VersesKJV: And it was told Laban on the third day that Jacob was fled.