"Stay here with the donkey," Abraham told his servants. "The boy and I will go over there to worship, and then we will return to you."
1. God's care for those beyond the covenant. A Beersheba in a heathen land.
2. The things of this world made a channel of higher blessings. The covenant arising out of bodily wants a civil agreement. The oath a testimony to God where reverently made.
3. He is not far from every one of us. The neighborhood of Beersheba, the revelation of Jehovah, the little company of believers.
4. The blessing made manifest. The days spent in Philistia left behind them some enlightenment.
5. Adaptation of Divine truth to those to whom it is sent. Abraham's name of God, Jehovah El Olam; the two revelations, the God of nature and the God of grace. The name of the Lord itself an invitation to believe and live. Paul at Athens adapted himself in preaching to the people's knowledge while leading them to faith. - R.
1. Saints bent to the work of God will turn anything back that may trouble them in it.
Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship.I. In the path of faith, HUMAN HELP IS PROFITABLE.
II. In the path of faith, HUMAN HELP IS LIMITED.
III. In the path of faith, HUMAN HELP MUST RECEIVE A TIMELY DISMISSAL.
IV. In the path of faith, THE GRANDEST TRIUMPHS HAVE BEEN ACHIEVED ALONE.
(H. T. Miller.)
2. Inferior things may and must be inhibited by souls above them in case of hindering from God.
3. Saints freed from incumbrances do speed to duties.
4. Humble submission to the hardest part of worship will God's servants readily yield. Both Abraham and Isaac.
5. Return to relations, and relation duties is just after the worship of God.
6. Better events come after believing worship sometimes than saints are aware of.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
LinksGenesis 22:5 NIV
Genesis 22:5 NLT
Genesis 22:5 ESV
Genesis 22:5 NASB
Genesis 22:5 KJV
Genesis 22:5 Bible Apps
Genesis 22:5 Parallel
Genesis 22:5 Biblia Paralela
Genesis 22:5 Chinese Bible
Genesis 22:5 French Bible
Genesis 22:5 German Bible
Genesis 22:5 Commentaries