And so it has been from that day forward. David established this statute as an ordinance for Israel to this very day.
Cross ReferencesExodus 27:21
In the Tent of Meeting, outside the veil that is in front of the Testimony, Aaron and his sons are to tend the lamps before the LORD from evening until morning. This is to be a perpetual statute for the Israelites throughout their generations.
1 Samuel 30:24
Who will listen to your proposal? The share of the one who went to battle will match the share of the one who stayed with the supplies. They will share alike."
1 Samuel 30:26
When David arrived in Ziklag, he sent some of the plunder to his friends, the elders of Judah, saying, "Here is a gift for you from the plunder of the LORD's enemies."
Chapter Outline1. The Amalekites raid Ziklag
4. David asking counsel, is encouraged by God to pursue them
11. By the means of a received Egyptian he is brought to the enemies,
18. and recovers all the spoil
22. David's law to divide the spoil equally
26. He sends presents to his friends
Jump to PreviousAppointeth David Forward Israel Order Ordinance Rule Statute
Jump to NextAppointeth David Forward Israel Order Ordinance Rule Statute