But Jesus spoke up: "It is I; do not be afraid."
Cross ReferencesMatthew 14:27
But Jesus immediately spoke up: "Take courage! It is I. Do not be afraid."
When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus approaching the boat, walking on the sea--and they were terrified.
Then they were willing to take Him into the boat, and at once the boat reached the shore where they were heading.
Chapter Outline1. Jesus feeds five thousand men with five loaves and two fishes.
15. Thereupon the people would have made him king;
16. but withdrawing himself, he walks on the sea to his disciples;
26. reproves the people flocking after him, and all the fleshly hearers of his word;
32. declares himself to be the bread of life to believers.
66. Many disciples depart from him.
68. Peter confesses him.
70. Judas is a devil.
Jump to PreviousAfraid Fear Terrified
Jump to NextAfraid Fear Terrified
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Isaiah 41:10, 14
Isaiah 43:1, 2
Revelation 1:17, 18
LinksJohn 6:20 NIV
John 6:20 NLT
John 6:20 ESV
John 6:20 NASB
John 6:20 KJV
John 6:20 Bible Apps
John 6:20 Parallel
John 6:20 Biblia Paralela
John 6:20 Chinese Bible
John 6:20 French Bible
John 6:20 German Bible
John 6:20 Commentaries