They did not understand that He was telling them about the Father.
Cross ReferencesJohn 8:26
"I have much to say about you and much to judge. But the One who sent Me is truthful, and what I have heard from Him, I tell the world."
So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing on My own, but speak exactly what the Father has taught Me.
Chapter Outline1. Jesus delivers the woman taken in adultery.
12. He declares himself the light of the world, and justifies his doctrine;
31. promises freedom to those who believe;
33. answers the Jews who boasted of Abraham;
48. answers their reviling, by showing his authority and dignity;
59. and slips away from those who would stone him.
Jump to PreviousPerceive Perceived Realize Speaking Telling Understand Understood Words
Jump to NextPerceive Perceived Realize Speaking Telling Understand Understood Words
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
John 8:43, 47
2 Corinthians 4:3, 4
LinksJohn 8:27 NIV
John 8:27 NLT
John 8:27 ESV
John 8:27 NASB
John 8:27 KJV
John 8:27 Bible Apps
John 8:27 Parallel
John 8:27 Biblia Paralela
John 8:27 Chinese Bible
John 8:27 French Bible
John 8:27 German Bible
John 8:27 Commentaries