For this reason they were unable to believe. For again, Isaiah says:
Cross ReferencesJohn 12:38
This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet: "Lord, who has believed our message? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?"
"He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so that they cannot see with their eyes, and understand with their hearts, and turn, and I would heal them."
Chapter Outline1. Jesus excuses Mary anointing his feet.
9. The people flock to see Lazarus.
10. The chief priests consult to kill him.
12. Jesus rides into Jerusalem.
20. Greeks desire to see Jesus.
23. He foretells his death.
37. The people are generally blinded;
42. yet many chief rulers believe, but do not confess him;
44. therefore Jesus calls earnestly for confession of faith.
Jump to PreviousAble Account Belief Believe Cause Couldn't Elsewhere Esaias Isaiah Reason Unable
Jump to NextAble Account Belief Believe Cause Couldn't Elsewhere Esaias Isaiah Reason Unable
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
2 Peter 2:14
Isaiah 6:9, 10
LinksJohn 12:39 NIV
John 12:39 NLT
John 12:39 ESV
John 12:39 NASB
John 12:39 KJV
John 12:39 Bible Apps
John 12:39 Parallel
John 12:39 Biblia Paralela
John 12:39 Chinese Bible
John 12:39 French Bible
John 12:39 German Bible
John 12:39 Commentaries