As Jesus was sitting opposite the treasury, He watched the crowd placing money into it. And many rich people put in large amounts.
Cross References2 Kings 12:9
Then Jehoiada the priest took a chest, bored a hole in its lid, and set it beside the altar on the right side as one enters the house of the LORD. There the priests who guarded the threshold put all the money brought into the house of the LORD.
Then one poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which amounted to a small fraction of a denarius.
Then Jesus looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury,
He spoke these words while teaching in the temple courts, near the treasury. Yet no one seized Him, because His hour had not yet come.
Chapter Outline1. Jesus tells the parable of the tenants
13. He avoids the snare of the Pharisees and Herodians about paying tribute to Caesar;
18. convicts the Sadducees, who denied the resurrection;
28. resolves the scribe, who questioned of the first commandment;
35. refutes the opinion that the scribes held of the Christ;
38. bidding the people to beware of their ambition and hypocrisy;
41. and commends the poor widow for her two mites, above all.
Jump to PreviousBeheld Boxes Cast Casting Crowd Dropping Jesus Large Money Multitude Observed Offerings Opposite Over-Against Putting Rich Sat Seat Sums Temple Threw Treasury Wealthy
Jump to NextBeheld Boxes Cast Casting Crowd Dropping Jesus Large Money Multitude Observed Offerings Opposite Over-Against Putting Rich Sat Seat Sums Temple Threw Treasury Wealthy
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
2 Kings 12:9
LinksMark 12:41 NIV
Mark 12:41 NLT
Mark 12:41 ESV
Mark 12:41 NASB
Mark 12:41 KJV
Mark 12:41 Bible Apps
Mark 12:41 Parallel
Mark 12:41 Biblia Paralela
Mark 12:41 Chinese Bible
Mark 12:41 French Bible
Mark 12:41 German Bible
Mark 12:41 Commentaries