And the charge inscribed against Him read: The King of the Jews.
Cross ReferencesMatthew 27:37
Above His head they posted the written charge against Him: This is Jesus, the King of the Jews.
Along with Jesus, they crucified two robbers, one on His right and one on His left.
Let the Christ, the King of Israel, descend now from the cross, so that we may see and believe!" And even those who were crucified with Him berated Him.
Above Him was posted an inscription: This is the King of the Jews.
Pilate also had a notice posted on the cross. It read: Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.
Chapter Outline1. Jesus brought bound, and accused before Pilate.
6. Upon the clamor of the people, the murderer Barabbas is released,
12. and Jesus delivered up to be crucified.
16. He is crowned with thorns, spit on, and mocked;
21. faints in bearing his cross;
27. hangs between two thieves;
29. suffers the triumphing reproaches of the crowd;
39. but is confessed by the centurion to be the Son of God;
42. and is honorably buried by Joseph.
Jump to PreviousAccusation Accused Charge Crime Cross Head Inscription JEWS Notice Read Statement Superscription Writing Written
Jump to NextAccusation Accused Charge Crime Cross Head Inscription JEWS Notice Read Statement Superscription Writing Written
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
THE KING OF THE JEWS.
Luke 23:37, 38
LinksMark 15:26 NIV
Mark 15:26 NLT
Mark 15:26 ESV
Mark 15:26 NASB
Mark 15:26 KJV
Mark 15:26 Bible Apps
Mark 15:26 Parallel
Mark 15:26 Biblia Paralela
Mark 15:26 Chinese Bible
Mark 15:26 French Bible
Mark 15:26 German Bible
Mark 15:26 Commentaries