Now it was already evening. Since it was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath),
Cross ReferencesMatthew 27:57
When it was evening, there came a rich man from Arimathea named Joseph, who himself was a disciple of Jesus.
The next day, the one after Preparation Day, the chief priests and Pharisees assembled before Pilate.
Now there was a Council member named Joseph, a good and righteous man,
It was the Preparation Day, and the Sabbath was just beginning.
Afterward, Joseph of Arimathea, who was a disciple of Jesus (but secretly for fear of the Jews), asked Pilate to let him remove the body of Jesus. Pilate gave him permission, so he came and removed His body.
When they had carried out all that was written about Him, they took Him down from the tree and laid Him in a tomb.
Chapter Outline1. Jesus brought bound, and accused before Pilate.
6. Upon the clamor of the people, the murderer Barabbas is released,
12. and Jesus delivered up to be crucified.
16. He is crowned with thorns, spit on, and mocked;
21. faints in bearing his cross;
27. hangs between two thieves;
29. suffers the triumphing reproaches of the crowd;
39. but is confessed by the centurion to be the Son of God;
42. and is honorably buried by Joseph.
Jump to PreviousAlready Approached Evening Getting Preceding Preparation Ready Sabbath Sunset Time Towards
Jump to NextAlready Approached Evening Getting Preceding Preparation Ready Sabbath Sunset Time Towards
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Matthew 27:57, 62
LinksMark 15:42 NIV
Mark 15:42 NLT
Mark 15:42 ESV
Mark 15:42 NASB
Mark 15:42 KJV
Mark 15:42 Bible Apps
Mark 15:42 Parallel
Mark 15:42 Biblia Paralela
Mark 15:42 Chinese Bible
Mark 15:42 French Bible
Mark 15:42 German Bible
Mark 15:42 Commentaries