At this remark, Moses fled to the land of Midian, where he lived as a foreigner and had two sons.
Cross ReferencesExodus 2:15
When Pharaoh heard about this matter, he sought to kill Moses. But Moses fled from Pharaoh and settled in the land of Midian, where he sat down beside a well.
Moses agreed to stay with the man, and he gave his daughter Zipporah to Moses in marriage.
And she gave birth to a son whom he named Gershom, for he said, "I have become a stranger in a strange land."
So Moses took his wife and sons, put them on a donkey, and headed back to Egypt. And he took the staff of God in his hand.
along with her two sons. One son was named Gershom, for Moses had said, "I have been a foreigner in a foreign land."
The other son was named Eliezer, because Moses had said, "The God of my father was my helper and delivered me from the sword of Pharaoh."
Chapter Outline1. Stephen, permitted to answer to the accusation of blasphemy,
2. shows that Abraham worshipped God rightly, and how God chose the fathers,
20. before Moses was born, and before the tabernacle and temple were built;
37. that Moses himself witnessed of Christ;
44. and that all outward ceremonies were ordained to last but for a time;
51. reprehending their rebellion, and murdering of Christ, whom the prophets foretold.
54. Whereupon they stone Stephen to death,
59. who commends his soul to Jesus, and humbly prays for them.
Jump to PreviousAlarmed Alien Begat Country Exile Fled Flight Heard Live Midian Mid'ian Moses Question Remark Settled Sojourner Stranger Words
Jump to NextAlarmed Alien Begat Country Exile Fled Flight Heard Live Midian Mid'ian Moses Question Remark Settled Sojourner Stranger Words
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Exodus 4:19, 20
LinksActs 7:29 NIV
Acts 7:29 NLT
Acts 7:29 ESV
Acts 7:29 NASB
Acts 7:29 KJV
Acts 7:29 Bible Apps
Acts 7:29 Parallel
Acts 7:29 Biblia Paralela
Acts 7:29 Chinese Bible
Acts 7:29 French Bible
Acts 7:29 German Bible
Acts 7:29 Commentaries